NDIS Support Coordination
What is NDIS
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) is a government funded scheme that aims to provide funding support for people living with a disability, their families and carers.
Connected Self have a professional and qualified team of female and male staff who provide Support Coordination (level 2) and Specialist Support Coordination (level 3) for children, young people and adults with disabilities.
Connected Self Specialist Support Coordinators are:
- experienced in working with families and young people with high and complex needs
- experienced in supporting participants with exploring their housing options (EHO)
- provide outreach supports to Northern, Eastern, Western and Southern suburbs of Adelaide
CAPACITY BUILDING: SUPPORT COORDINATION
Level 2 Coordination of Supports
A support coordinator will work side by side with you to strengthen your ability to coordinate and implement supports in your NDIS plan so you can participate more fully in the community. This involves working together to understand your plan & funding, identify what you expect from services and connecting you to the best services for your needs. A support coordinator will help develop your capacity to implement and manage your NDIS supports more independently over time.
Level 3 Specialist Support Coordination
A Specialist Support Coordinator will work side by side with you to address any barriers impacting your ability to implement your NDIS plan and access appropriate supports. This involves working together to understand your plan & funding, identify what you expect from services and connecting you to the best services for your needs. A Specialist Support Coordinator will negotiate appropriate support solutions and assist you to access to relevant supports during crisis situations.
What you can expect from our Support Coordinators
- Meet with you at your family home, your school or organisation or at our central location in the Adelaide CBD to discuss and action your NDIS plan.
- Assist you to build your NDIS knowledge and confidence by understanding your NDIS plan and the funding possibilities.
- Support you to work towards your goals within your expectations and budget by finding the best services for you and your needs, including linking you to informal, mainstream & community supports.
- Support you with your future NDIS reviews to ensure your plan continues to meet your goals and needs.
- Build your capacity to manage your NDIS supports more independently over time by supporting you to access tools and resources that you can keep.
Our NDIS Services
We have a team of professional and qualified staff who provide support in working with young people and adults with disabilities offering:
Agency, Plan or Self-Managed Participants
- Support Coordination
- Art Therapy
- Play Therapy
- Individual Counselling
- Community Engagement Practitioners
Plan or Self-Managed Participants
- Therapeutic Mentoring
- Parenting & family support
- Individual family service plans
- Case Conferencing
- Behaviour support and intervention
- Early childhood intervention
- Specialist services for children and young people living on the Autism Spectrum
- Psycho-social programs, such as Rock & Water
- Life skills development and self-care assistance
How to Access NDIS
Our Reception Staff and Support Coordinators are available to chat with you, your Parents/Carers and Organisations.
For enquires about Support Coordination, please contact Kristy Houchin - Senior Support Coordinator NDIS on (08) 8232 2438 or email@example.com
Connected Self are a registered NDIS provider and are able to provide Innovative Community Participation and Pscchology supports to portal-managed (NDIS-Managed), plan-managed and self-managed NDIS participants. Click here to find out more about our Innovative Community Participation supports and find more information at our Psychology Services Page
NDIS Registered Provider (Agency, Plan or Self-Managed Participants).