Adelaide NDIS Support
What is NDIS
The National Disability Insurance Scheme's (NDIS) aim is to support children and adults with a permanent and significant disability that affects their ability to take part in everyday life.
NDIS continues to roll out across our state and funding is NOT MEANS TESTED, having no impact on income or supportive income.
At Connected Self we offer support around navigating through the NDIS process. Above all, our Practitioners understand that the process can be overwhelming and challenging to work through on your own. Furthermore, when supporting an adult with a permanent and significant disability we support and encourage them to advocate for themselves, having the Choice and Control to navigate ones own Journey through life.
How we can help
Our team is mindful and understands that as you access our Practitioners in gaining navigation and support around the NDIS, you are often supporting special, amazing and unique young people and adults that have challenges that can be confusing and sometimes exhausting for them and yourself. For that reason, we aim to assist you in a way that works best for you and your family.
We are committed to working side by side with Parents/Carers, Young people and Adults with disabilities in accessing NDIS and empowering new and existing NDIS clients to have control in all decision-making, ensuring Choice and Control over supports.
This support includes:
Advocating for you and your family and supporting a clear understanding around:
- Applying for the NDIS.
- Pre Plan.
- Starting your Plan.
- Reviewing Plans.
- Navigating the NDIS system.
- Working with you in accessing supports that enable your young person or adult to take part within their community.
- Assessing Early Intervention.
We have a team of professional and qualified staff who provide support in working with young people and adults with disabilities offering:
- Parenting & family support.
- Art Therapy.
- Therapeutic Mentoring.
- Individual family service plans.
- Case Conferencing.
- Behavior support and intervention.
- Early childhood intervention.
- Specialist services for children and young people living on the Autism Spectrum.
- Psycho-social programs, such as Rock & Water.
- Life skills development and self-care assistance.
- Case Management within schools/working with our educators and families.
How to access NDIS
Our Reception Staff and Support Practitioners are available to chat with you, your Parents/Carers and Agencies. Our Support Team includes having contacts availiable that have lived experience in accessing NDIS funding and supports for their children and young people.
Please contact our friendly reception team on (08) 8232 2438 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.